An Explanation

My One Minute Song Project

In early 2020, the bottom dropped out of the world for many working musicians when Covid-19 deprived us of our passion, our livelihood and ...

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

One Minute Song Project - Sometimes When They Call You Hero

Firstly and most importantly, the artwork here is by my old friend Chris Hannah. Millions of thanks to him. 

So this is a song about Bruce Wayne but not really. A lot of people at time of writing were being called “heroes” for various reasons, not all of them kind. I'm all for praising those on the front line, but the word seems to imbue the recepient with a degree of self-sacrifice that is neither welcome or necessary, while at the same time absolving those in charge of responsibility to care for those who are doing the actual work.


My vocals are a bit wobbly on this, a combination of a really high pollen count and some lyrics squeezed in that maybe should have been rewritten. I like it though, these are just meant to be sketches, and it defeats the point if I drive myself mad going for perfection. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Here’s the YouTube link -



No comments: